I've been lazy in updating this thing. A couple key things to mention have been the restaurant that Greenfield took us to for lunch on Thursday. They served fried hors d'oeuvres which were great. Let me recount their succulent greatness: zucchini flowers, meat-stuffed olives, and a potato mash. The spaghetti carbonara (my first time) was really good as well. Restaurant was definitely a good choice and the owner was quite nice to us as well.
Last night, Morgan, Greenie, and I made the pasta we had from Battipaglia. I believe it's called "puglielli," but it turned out pretty well. Afterwards, we got gelato at Millenium (amarena = black cherry and straciatella = chocolate chip)...yum! We got soaked trying to find this British pub, so instead we went to this place two blocks in front of the residence. Travis had his first Guinness, a liter actually--he doesn't mess around!
Today, we went to a Subiaco...a mountain town situated in Lazio. We saw two monasteries, both in veneration of St. Benedict, the patron saint of Europe, and had lunch at a medieval tavern. The best parts of the trip were realizing how my classes have led to my progression in appreciation of religious art and the snowball fights we had after lunch. Erik and I teamed up on Pat for a great hit!
When we got back, we had a Sangria party at Lauren's place. I learned how to play Kings, but unfortunately, there wasn't enough alcohol for the twenty of us that eventually showed up. Chilling and watching video clips on the laptops were priceless...we laughed so hard, I NEED MORE COWBELL!
Tired but content...Pompeii tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment