I barely got to class today as I caught the bus right as I walked down to the bus stop. My alarm clock has proved ineffectual to my longing desire to cram as much sleep in as possible. Well, no one was hurt and deadlines were kept with in accordance, so I would have to say that all was well today. I had my first core class today. "Ancient Roman Civilization" taught by Darius Arya was actually quite interesting. I'm starting to have inner qualms about the mountains of dates and material I will have to memorize, but at least there will be a palpable ability to correlate what I have learned in class to the real world. I'm really excited about this class visit we have on Wednesday to the ruins.
After class, I got a chance to chat it up with some EAP mates about their weeklong breaks, and it got me ancy about wanting to go more places. The only problem will be the financial resources I will have to try to conserve as strictly as ever, so that I can visit the cities and countries on my wishlist. Barcelona seems like a hotspot, but Switzerland (skydiving), Ireland (Guinness), and Milan (novelty - major city) seem like the more practical choices right now.
I started reading tonight for my first class, and I can already anticipate how caught behind I might get if I don't enact some form of self-discipline right now. The big question popping in my mind is how carefully I can border on the line between school and studying abroad.
Anyways, tomorrow will be a long day and I still have a lot of reading to do.
I do miss Rome though!

No comments:
Post a Comment