I woke up late, recovering from the long night of watching the Super Bowl at Abbey Theatre. To recount why I was able to stay up this late, I had missed my trip to Arezzo because my alarm clock didn't go off and my roommates thought I wanted to sleep in. Well, I took full advantage of the sleeping part and was ready to go when midnight rolled around. At the pub, we met some awesome Irish guys (Andy, Paul, and another guy). Their accents and takes on the world and sports were downright cool or interesting. Their standoffish indifference to American haughtiness was great and their rationale for laying culpability on the irrational election of President Bush towards any American tourist were highlights of the conversation. Also, I must research this hurling and rugby that they speak so fondly about. I know one thing for sure, Harp and Guinness are two great achievements of Irish culture. I can't wait to do a weekend trip to Ireland. The Super Bowl was a bust as the Patriots, my non-favorite team, won...however, yay for 9 euro combos (burger, fries, and beer).
We had our last cultural practice today. Thank goodness for that as I like having that extra hour to bum around and familiarize myself with the city. Class was chill and we learned reflexive verbs.
Things to look forward to this week:
Researching how to rent a car and drive around Italy...
One week from now, i'll be in Parigi.

No comments:
Post a Comment