(guess who?...kind of fuzzy, but visual proof of me accomplishing another lifelong dream)

Quite bummed because I thought I was going to Cambridge this weekend to hang out with my Crimson friends until I got staffed on a project on Thursday. In any case, it's the weekend! (jumping in the air and doing an aerial that would even make Dorothy proud)
With that in mind, enjoy this mash-up album. Here are two ways to experience this album:1) Find yourself a quiet spot, hit "play" on your digital player, and gradually increase the volume. Check out the Wikipedia list of samples while you're at it, but overall soak in this genre-smashing artistic feat. To think, just a metronome and a piece of paper.
Wiki list on Night Ripper
2) Invite a few friends over. Play DJ and bump this as loud as possible, giving enough sonic space for your friends to debate whether they just heard Neutral Milk Hotel, Punjabi MC, and The Game all in one song.
Girl Talk - Night Ripper
On that note, I should end this post and resign to my six hour convalescence. Let me recount my Friday quasi-debauchery: Down The Hatch (village dive bar) that was overcrowded and only had one Beirut station and then Ginmill (new lounge/bar) for a black-tie event that I was way underdressed for...c'est la vie de New York!
Here's another amazing song by Cat Power to end the night. It's a cover of Otis Redding's "Remember Me" that I just discovered.
Cat Power - Remember Me

No comments:
Post a Comment