Sunday, November 19, 2006

I'm Trill...


(Clipse - Pusha T and Malice)


Pusha: "Flow chameleon/ Worth by the million/ Sell the Bolivian/ Feds in oblivion/ Bitch Brazilian/ Purse reptilian/ Took her from off her island like Gilligan"

Pharrell: "Bitch, I'm trill/ Bitch, I'm so trill/ Nigga, I'm trill/ Nigga, I'm so trill"

Clipse - Trill

FYI: Trill means "in the vernacular, trill (or treal) also means 'honest and true,' or 'true and real.'"

Okay, those lyrics are just plain sick and the draconian beat is even nastier. I seriously thought that 2006 was coming to an end with a hip-hop anticlimax retroactive to Ghostface Killah's Fishscale release earlier this year, but I was dead wrong. Clipse (Hell Hath No Fury = Neptunes-produced and already dubbed the best hip-hop album of the year by many in the blogosphere, even though it hasn't been given its official release). Nas (first record with label Def Jam Records). Jay-Z (coming out of retirement, with Kingdom Come).

Jay-Z: "Kingpin of the ink pen/Monster of the double-entendre."

Okay, Hova. I believe you. Now, how about using your "man of the year" power, according to GQ, and getting all your fire-spitting friends together for a NYC concert, preferably on a Saturday when I'm not working.

Anyhow, all these artists have new albums coming out within the next month, and if I were to make an educated guess, I can't but imagine that the holidays will be rolling in with a bang.

More illness. Stay trill:

Swizz Beatz - It's Me, Bitches (what's up with all these great beats?)
John Vanderslice - The Kingdom (it's good to be king)



Footnote: Holiday parties are right around the corner, so keep it classy by rocking an awful X-mas sweater and Santa Hat, especially with a gangsta lean.

Good News: My friend is gathering some people together to go to the Bonnaroo Music Festival in 2007. If you're interested, let me know. Music, Tennessee, and not working for a weekend, yeaa!

Okay, I highly doubt anyone can help me out on this, but this is a shot in the dark...does anyone know a good place for some cool kicks beside Flight Club or Dave's Quality Meat in NYC? I went there this weekend and wasn't feeling the selection at all. (missing my Undefeated in L.A.)
How about a good place for driving loafers?

Ooh, holiday treat to you:

www.kayak.com

(roommate-suggested cheap travel fare website because it's a crime not to be sipping eggnog in your hometown)

Another holiday treat because i'm in the generous mood:

The Kooks - Naive

Lily Allen - Naive (cover)

(Catchy song or just because the Brits do pop better)

No comments: