Sunday, January 23, 2005

Day 4 and discoteca

Today, we ventured into the open-air market. It was such a great place for food, practicing Italian, and immersing oneself into the Italian culture. It's always great when the person standing next to you is an Italian housewife yelling to order some cheese or bread. So I ended up getting a lot of stuff from there, and then we went to Todi's which is this small grocery store. I got some more essentials as well. Strange thing = you have to bring your own shopping bags, which makes sense since Italian culture is not one to preach excesses. Afterwards, we went shopping at Cola di Rienzo...what a hectic place with all these throngs of women fishing for that perfect deal. I learned of this new cool store called Mango (forever 21 but more posh). Before dinner, I had a nice chat with Mal at this nearby cafe. For dinner, I cooked a light pasta with tomatoes and mozzarella, baked garlic potatoes, and some bread.

That night we went to Campo di Fiori again. We checked out an Irish pub that had a really ugly DJ, but cool music. Irish car bombs and Jagermeister (eww...licorice). Groove was better when we got there...the six-pack of fun = Eric, Bill, I, Emily, Amy, and Mallory. We definitely dropped it like it's hot until it got late.

strange things:
1) cabs start their fares right when you call them instead of when they get there
2) perroni beer
3) mullets are in
4) bring your own grocery bag

No comments: