Friday, March 07, 2008

L.E.S. Artistes

"What am I here for / I left my home to disappear is all /I'm here for myself / Not to know you / I don't need no one else / Fit in so good the hope is that you cannot see me later / You don't know me I am an introvert an excavator / I'm duckin' out for nowa face in dodgy elevators / Creep up and suddenly /I found myself an innovator." - Santogold



Santogold - L.E.S. Artistes
Uploaded by cocomoor

I love this song right now. Funky video, but wonderful remix at end of post.




I love this song, too. The "Flight of the Conchords" is hilarious. Too bad I don't have HBO. "You're so beautiful, you could be a part-time model but you still probably have to keep your job."

La Blogotheque is a French website site that dedicates itself to street music and candor, and in its commendable efforts, it never fails to make music transcendental, least show the fruits of simple, honest music production. In a time when viewers perceive that reality broadcasts have inundated enough of their airwaves, this small-time act shows that you can buck the mainstream "music video" and create something wholly original, cheap and sincere. Watch, listen and find yourself mesmerized or hopefully better, transported to some remote alley lurking with troubadours and strange instruments.

Jason Mraz (hopefully, this will be on his new album in the spring)



More from La Blogotheque. Beirut sings and plays Balkan music. It's glorious!



Songs:

Santogold - L.E.S. Artistes (xxxchange remix)

Jason Mraz - You and I Both

Jason Mraz - I'm Yours

DOWNLOAD

Beirut - Nantes

DOWNLOAD




No comments: