
(Girl Talk ripping it up. I know you're thinking laptop, how special can that be, umm...do not let that piece of metal deceive you)

I hit up Girl Talk's concert at Studio B this past Friday with a couple friends from work (check out this blog's en pointe review of the mayhem and genius that broke out at Studio B, and which I will have to say was one of the craziest concerts I have ever been to). Seriously, if he's djing anywhere near you in the near future, it's a must go. He's my favorite DJ by a longshot. Did I mention that he's also performing this Valentine's Day in Vegas at the Fusion Party alongside the likes of Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Spank Rock, Gnarls Barkley, and other Chinese pop stars.
Girl Talk - Pure Magic
No "armchair analysis" this week. Just check out these few links:
I also saw Lily Allen on Saturday night. Wonderful show. Plenty of attitude. Refreshing pop music. Download her stuff here. She's just brilliant with covers as well (i.e. Keane's "Everybody's Changing," the Kooks' "Naive," and just recently the Futureheads' "Oh My God").
Arcade Fire just announced their tour. Prepare your multiple browsers and F5 button because this tour will sell out in mins.
All Things Go just put out another Valentine Mixtape Volume 2. His one last year was amazing. Go here to read up and download them both.
Bonnaroo lineup announced. Go here. Not sure if i'm going, but looks amazing for sure.
The Police's performance of "Roxanne" at the Grammys was pretty cool, although "My Humps" winning a Grammy was a sour note. Go here.
Favorite albums of 2007 so far: Menomena and Andrew Bird. Cop them if you get a chance.
Remember how I mentioned a song called "Say It Right" way back in the fall by none other than Ms. Promiscuous herself? Well, it's lighting up the radio nowadays and rightfully so. Give it up for Timbaland, once again. FYI: his new album is dropping this year as well and should be ridiculous. Go here to see the collabs. If only he could minus all the emotive stuff (i.e. Fall Out Boy), we might be looking at a classic. I apologize to all you dance-punk sympathizers, but i'm not down with rock stars wearing eyeliner.
Some great indie songs from last year:
Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up to Dry
(check out "We Used to Vacation" and "Hospital Beds" on the Hype, too...any of these 3 are so good)
Anathallo - A Great Wind, More Ash
(lush vocals, fluttering harmonies, and oh, don't forget the instruments)
Cadence Weapon - Black Hand
(Canada's soon-to-be greatest rapper...smooth on the flows, vicious with the rhymes, and sick wit it on the beats)




No comments:
Post a Comment