(the Knife)
I love haphazardly coming across "classics," as was the case this past Friday when I heard the Knife's "Heartbeats" lighting up the dancefloor at a party in Brooklyn. Similar to rediscovering a Beatles song, the feelings that usually sweep over me are familiarity, bliss, and reaffirmation of musical genius. For those who aren't Swedish electronica/pop cognoscenti (bad joke), the Knife is a brother and sister duo of Olof Dreijer and Karin Dreijer Andersson. Although I missed their scintillating, sensory concert at CMJ this year, they will be definitely high on my list of concerts I MUST see when they return to the States again.Here is the original version by the Knife (my favorite) and two excellent covers by Jose Gonzalez and the Scala Choir.
The Knife - Heartbeats (download now)
Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats (download now)
Scala and Kolacny Brothers - Heartbeats
The Knife - Heartbeats
Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats
FYI: They rarely perform, and from the live concert clip down below, they may have probably prerecorded their music. But seriously, who cares, because their concert looks so sick! On another note, they craft some ridiculous, creative videos as well.
Here's my second favorite song of theirs, remixed by Ratatat, and it's highly recommended as well.
The Knife - We Share Our Mother's Health (Ratatat remix)
The Knife - We Share Our Mother's Health (live) - quite intense

No comments:
Post a Comment