I believe this populist outrage, while not terribly unfounded, is rooted more in emotions and less in cautious thought. In these situations, I usually tend to avoid the loudtalking opportunists/politicians. What I despise the most is that hardworking people are bearing the brunt of a few people who made idiotic decisions. Can you really blame all the diligent, good-natured employees who probably had no clue that a few crooks bet the firm? Same in Merrill Lynch and even at my former workplace, Lehman Brothers. We honestly had no idea what decisions were being made by a select few. And the majority have to pay for it.
Dear A.I.G., I Quit
The Real A.I.G. Disgrace
Kristof - Learning How To Think (how people continue to watch cable news for anything but entertainment boggles me?)
I am young, so I haven't gone through the Jimmy Carter / Reagan era. However, I am starting to worry that you have to watch over a "big state". My advice to most people at my age is to get a J.O.B., work hard, and then let me know your opinion about government. Always ask questions. You're only "entitled" to your opportunity to achieve.
Btw, the Leonard Cohen "First Listen" on NPR is awesome. 72 years old and still amazing!

No comments:
Post a Comment