What a wonderful and sad conclusion to an amazing program! Words can't express the level of perpetual content that I felt from being in Rome all this time. It is honestly an experience I will never forget because of all the great people I have met, the things I have done, and the many ways in which I have grown.
Despite taking my last final today for Age of Baroque, the sentiment that I felt after finishing was one of melancholy over the realization that my academic experience in Rome was somewhat over. Having the ability to study alongside fun peers in a context that embraces my love for art history and adventuresome experiences is truly an unforgettable experience.
I do not what paths lie ahead for me, but I only see my study-abroad experience in Rome as being the foundation from which great things can sprout or it will serve as a guide for an open, positive mind to enjoy life to the fullest. I do see now that life can be filled with beauty, and we must not take that beauty for granted or else our conception of the world will be skewed. To notice the bad and the good is one thing, but to comprehend that living one's life in pursuit of good and beauty can only stem from the foreknowledge of the bad is more potent.
I still feel uncertain about where my future lies, but I do not doubt the present happiness of my human condition. Let this experience be the beacon for me to travel, learn, and enjoy in the good company of others!

No comments:
Post a Comment